Thursday, April 21, 2011

The One That Got Away

Have you ever had someone in your life, that special someone that makes you wonder "what if"? The one the text book sayings called "the one that got away"?


Well, I had. For a brief moment, I had that special someone. The one that makes me wonder to no end. Especially now, when I'm feeling melancholic and a tiny bit melodramatic.


Whenever I'm feeling down and unhappy, I went back to the times when everything was simple. And wonder.


What if things didn't go as it did? What if everything was not as it was? What if things were not happened the way it did? What if... what if... the questions go on and on but it didn't change the fact that : it did happen that way. Sometimes it's better not to dwell too much. It can make you go crazy thinking and asking what-ifs.


But I couldn't help myself. At times I did wonder. I did ask why. I did ask what-ifs.


If things were not as they are now, what would happen? Would we be together? Would we be happy? It might or it might not. There's no way to find out. It's impossible to find out even if I want to. For my one that got away is in a better place. The what ifs only happen in my dreams. I've accepted that. 


But still....

No comments:

Post a Comment